1) Do you have contractor, municipal or volume discounts?
Yes to all. We have distributor level pricing. As distributor’s volume increases there are discounts offered.
2) What packaging sizes are available?
55 gallon barrels (approx. 208 liters), and 275 gallon totes (approx. 1040 liters)
3) Do you have comparison vs. asphalt or concrete including cost of product, preparation, installation, etc. per square foot or square yard for different thicknesses?
Our cost is significantly less expensive than both asphalt and concrete. This includes product, materials, and labor. Because we custom blend our solution for a given marketplace, prices vary, but are generally 40-70% the cost of asphalt projects of the same size. Concrete is more expensive than asphalt.
4) What type of base material does LANDLOCK® work best with (sand, clay, gravel, etc...) ?
One of the many benefits the LANDLOCK™ solution provides is that it works well with almost all soil types. Our chemists will create the perfect product for whatever type of soil and aggregate we come across. This separates us from the competition.
5) What temperature range does material work in or can be applied in?
To properly install, and for best results, the solution must cure before the next freeze, thaw. LANDLOCK® cures fastest in warmer, sunnier environments.
6) What is load capacity of material if applied in 3", 4", 5", or 6" (76 mm, 101 mm, 127 mm, 152 mm) thickness?
At 3-4 inches (76-101 mm), field data shows load bearing capacity at over 80,000 lbs without issues in the past 14 years.
Increased depth adds to load bearing strength.
7) What is the dilution ratio with product to water?
This varies depending on a number of factors. These include the soil/aggregate’s Optimum Moisture Content and Maximum Dry Density. We apply that knowledge to what we encounter in the field to find the proper dilution ratio.
8) What production can a crew of what size complete per hour/day?
It very much depends on the equipment used and the scope of the job. With the proper equipment and labor, we can pave over 2 kilometers of road per day.
9) What are the recommended equipment requirements?
This varies for the size of the job and what the purpose of the job is.
NOTE: We can tell you that simply you need a rotary ground tiller, a water truck/sprayer, and a heavy roller (9 or 7 rubber wheeled pneumatic roller is preferred) for most mix-in jobs. We do, however, recommend that a reclaimer with a computerized emulsion system be utilized for all jobs to ensure proper coverage and with the perfect amount of product per cubic meter. For dust suppression and mine tailing stabilization, the equipment needed is not as extensive.
10) How long is the material pliable or able to work with after application?
As long as soil still contains significant moisture levels.
11) Typical drying time to walk on, drive on?
Approximately 20 minutes after rolling is complete it can be walked on, and you can drive a car on it after a few hours if hot and sunny, or longer if not.
12) Can we view an application of the material?
Yes. Please contact us for details.
13) What typically is required for equipment cleanup at the end of each day?
Rinse machinery with water.
14) Do you have an MSDS?
We have multiple MSDS sheets, but they change depending on the mixture we develop for your needs. All of our product is non-hazardous and environmentally friendly. Please contact a LANDLOCK® representative and he/she can provide you with an example from past projects.